Saturday, September 08, 2007

Welcome to Motherhood: My first 4 days as a Mom!

As I hope everyone has been able to keep up on the pictures from Andrew's website and updates on his blogs on our new little baby Hezekiah... God is so good to us- Having a C-section was definitely not by choice but GOD knew that I had to have it done in order to have the healthy and happy baby. I thank the Lord for watching out for Hezekiah and myself during the whole surgery and just pray that I will have a fast recovery :)

I realize now that when other mother's told me there is no book in the world that will prepare you for motherhood- How true this really is. There is nothing anyone could have told me that prepared me for the exhaustion. At the hospital, it was different because you have nurses waking you up every couple of hours but home the only thing keeping you from sleeping is the little baby who decides that he likes sleeping more during the day rather than at night.

So our fun last night was that Hezekiah literally wet through his diaper, onesie, and blanket not just 1 time folks... try 3 times having to change his clothes along with his diaper. The pictures here I took with my phone because I was too afraid to get up since I finally got him to sleep. The outift he is wearing here was the 3rd outfit we changed him into. My milk finally came in the other day which is GREAT, however, this also means the baby will be hungry more often.... again exhausting!

Thank goodness for such a wonderful husband... these last few days recovering from the surgery Andrew has been such an amazing help. Getting me things I can't reach, helping change the baby, helping me take a shower, just picking up the baby and calming him down... so many things I can't list them all. I fell so much more in love with him seeing him hold our baby and kiss him... ohhh- How could anyone have a baby 0n their own without someone to help them?

2 comments:

Lee Jones said...

Hezekiah looks like a strong boy! Congratulations! I hope and pray you'll get enough sleep.

Nicole Leonard said...

I am so overjoyed for you. Hezekiah is absolutely beautiful. (But I had no doubt he wouldn't be!) We're still planning on bringing dinner by for you tomorrow. We can't wait to meet Hezekiah!

Today, I told Kaitlyn that we were going to your house tomorrow and she asked, "Is the baby out now?" I told her that he was and she said she was "sooo happy." :) Too cute.