Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I have the best Dr. and Sleep! What's that?

I had a check up with my Dr today to check my incision from the surgery and I have to say I love my doctor! Dr Bryan has been the best Dr so far and I totally love her, she always makes me feel so comfortable. The last 2 appts I have had with her she gave me a HUG (people, she gave me a HUG!) before I left the exam room... I have never had a Dr treat me so well and make me feel like she is like a friend rather than a number on her to-do list. If you are looking for a Ob/Gyn I highly suggest Dr. Bryan, she is so awesome! She asked me, "How are you feeling?" And I responded by saying, "Other than the lack of sleep I feel pretty great!" She responded back by saying, "Ehh, Sleeping is overrated, well, at least that is what I keep telling myself!"

Sleep is definitly not overrated at this point...Sleep, what is that? Last night seemed to be a pretty rough night once again. Hezekiah only slept a total of 4 hours last night, the nights before we was sleeping at 2 hour increments but this started at 9:30pm, so me only sleeping 2 hours at a time until 7am was fine with me because at least I was getting more sleep. Last night he decided to stay up until 12:30pm and falling asleep only when I held him and waking up as soon as I laid him down in the cradle. I finally got him to sleep and laid down in my bed to get some Zzz's and about 2 hours later decided to wake up again for a diaper change and a feeding. Again, he did not fall asleep unless I held him... so I found myself at 4am looking down and realizing that I had fallen asleep holding the baby on the couch with my head against the back of the couch... I must have been really tired. Finally, got him to sleep again and then he was up for the morning at 6am. Luckily, this phase will not last for very long... before I know it Hezekiah will be sleeping a few hours more at a time.

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

Hey, I know you have to have at least 1,000 pics of your little man by now! Are you uploading them to any albums where the world can see his cute little mug? Flickr? A Picasa Web Album perhaps??