Thursday, September 20, 2007

Summer coming to a closing


So this is the forecast for the next couple of days, surprisingly, I woke up this morning to it raining and I thought... Summer is going to coming to close very soon here. Cooler temperatures, sweaters, fires, hot chocolate, Christmas- just some of my favorite things about winter time. This is going to be such an exciting time because of the baby. He gets to go through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, He probably won't remember any of these first holidays for him but nonetheless it is exciting for me to think about all the fun stuff we get to do with him during the holidays. Getting a Christmas tree, yippee, Okay I know I am thinking a little too far ahead here, huh?

One of the hardest things about the holidays this year will be that my Grandma Betty passed away just a little over 2 weeks ago and will not be here for any of these holidays, Thanksgiving will be the hardest as we always went to her house for this. There are just so many changes to the people in our lives this year that will make things so different than any other years. Either way, I still look forward to the holidays despite some changes that have gone on.

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

No, I don't think you're thinking too far ahead! I am SOOOO excited for Christmas too! I can't wait for the holidays... :)