Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 1- Diary from a new mom

It's 1:55am on Wednesday morning and I am sitting here thinking about how I should be getting sleep instead of writing this blog-

Having a baby there are just sooo many changes physiologically going on, on top of being exhausted and the baby screaming his head off. Right now Hezekiah is sleeping soundly in his cradle and probably remain that way for maybe 2 more hours and then will be starving.
Yesterday marked the baby being exactly one week old, he has had a few appointments these last few days and they are so exhausting and traumatic for him and for me as the mom- taking labs and then the circumcision... So what is it like being a mom now?
Means only getting 2 hours of solid sleep, changing diapers, and nursing. Newborns don't require much at this point, just some good TLC :)
I look at Hezekiah and think, strengthened by God, and I just smile and think- WOW- this baby was in my belly and now he's all ours to keep! All the funny little faces he makes and cries when he's upset make me just love him even more. It's such a big responsibility that God has entrusted us with, but I am loving every minute now. I never thought I would love someone so much in such a short time, but I love being a mom... Here are some pictures of us and the baby this last week:

No comments: