Friday, July 21, 2006

Where is God leading us?

This is a question that obviously fills our thoughts. This may always seem like a repetitive question, but none the less always a question in the back of our mind.

How do we decipher the difference between our wants and our needs? Do we really NEED a house, or do we WANT a house? Sometimes, I get so lost in my desires and I constantly ask God to show me HIS will for our situation. How does one decide that you are ready to have kids? I often wonder how long you would wait to hear God's voice and say "Now is the time". Sometimes, I find it very frustrating because we try very hard to listen for God's will and we follow it. We are particular about our spending, and whether or not buying this (item) would be beneficial for ministry or is it just something we want.

I would like a house, but how long will it be before we get a house? Should we truly wait til we get a house to have a child? Or is having a house an "American" thing that society has forced upon us to make us believe that we need it? How much should we really owe a man? When the Bible says "Do not let any debt remain outstanding" (Romans 13:8), should we really commit our finances to owing a man $300,000? How seriously does God see debt? I struggle with this thought all the time, would us sacrificing getting a house allow Andrew and I to be able to help others out who are not in as good of a financial situation?

Lord, please help me to decipher your will for our lives. Show me to steps to take, so I can walk in your wonderful and perfect will. I chose to live for you, and give for you and to your teachings. I pray that you would take away anything that hinders us from growing closer to you and blinding us from seeing your true will. Thank You Lord for giving me such a wonderful sunset tonight!

No comments: