Thursday, July 27, 2006

We are like Goldfish

"Portion Distortion
Put food in front of a Goldfish and it'll eat it. Put a lot of food in
front of a Goldfish, and it'll eat it all. In fact, it'll eat until it
hurts itself.
And yet, are we so indifferent?"
-Dr Will Clower, The French don't diet plan.

Question to be pondered truly as American who are gluttons. I have read
about halfway through this book and have followed his ideas about food to
eat and I really like eating healthier. We bought all natural and some
organic foods from Trader Joes, and the foods are so much better. The rule
of thumb for what we buy is, of we can't understand what is on the back of
the label then we don't buy it. I have followed this for a week now and
have already lost 3 lbs in a matter of 1 1/2 weeks. The great thing is, I
still have chocolate when I have a craving and still have bread, pasta,
rice, potatoes, etc. ( I jus don't eat anything processed of those items)
Carbs are not the enemy, processed foods anf over eating is the enemy. I
have do 20 minutes of cardio in the morning and 10 minutes of toning
exercises. It is so awesome, I love it. When you get a chance, I am telling
you... Read " The French don't diet plan" by Dr. Will Clower.

No comments: