Sunday, July 23, 2006

Galations 6:14

Sermon notes from Guest Pastor VanderPol
(6:14) May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

He left heaven, so that we can go to heaven. He left his home, to save us.
He gave his life as a ransom for us.
God is so Holy and as pure as white clothing, no dust (sin) fills the Lord.
Yet we as Christians can only be as pure as God by knowing God. When we get
to those gates, it will by God's grace and mercy that we may enter into
eternity in Heaven. Jesus sets you and me free, as if you and me have never
sinned. Psalms 103: 12 "... As far as the east is from west, so far as He
has removed our transgressions from us." Let our transgressions be nailed
to the cross and let them die there.

Hebrews (12:1)... Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that
so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out
for us.

Do not give up!!! Let us throw away anything that gets in the way of us
being what God has called us to be. Run free of weights that make it hard
for us to run steady and strong, through Christ we are made free from our
sins.

Thank you Lord for your freedom, thank you for saving me from myself! Let
me take my sins that hinder me be nailed to the cross and die, so I may be
free!

No comments: