Thursday, November 15, 2007

2 month immunizations

Hezekiah weighed in today at 11lbs and 10oz and 23 1/4 inches, he is in the 50th percentile of his height and weight. They gave him his 2 month immunizations, and I have to say I am so proud of him! He did so well will the 3 little shots they gave him, but I made sure to give him infants Tylenol beforehand. He just cried a little bit and then I gave him a pacifier and he just sucked away, and as soon as we got in the car he just fell asleep. The nurse said he is just doing such a great job compared to other babies.

When talking with the pediatrician he asked how long he is sleeping at night and I told him "He sleeps on average 5-6 hours a night, every once in a while like a couple of nights ago he slept 7 1/2 hours" the pediatrician said "You are pretty lucky, most babies don't sleep that long until they are 3 to 4 months" He also asked if he cries a lot, and I said "No, not really. He only cries if he needs something like a diaper change, or he's tired." The pediatrician said "It's amazing how babies disposition depend on their home environment. If it's a stressful environment babies tend to be colicky and if they live in a calm environment they tend to be calm babies. So it looks like you are doing a good job."

"How about his feeding? What is he eating?"
He still eating breastmilk and He eats anywhere between 3 to 4 hours, on average every 3 hours. Pediatrician said that it's important that you dictate when the baby eats otherwise it lets them know that they will always dictate what they get and when they get it. You control what they get and when they get it, and this let's them know that I will listen to you but I know what you need and it doesn't always mean you'll get what you want."

Make sure to check the website I made for him, I have updated it with some more pictures!

No comments: