Friday, February 09, 2007

How Amazing!!!

Today I had my first appointment with the Dr and of course they had to run a few tests to make sure my protein was at a good level so that they knew my kidneys were working and checked my sugar to make sure I wasn't diabetic. All passed with flying colors. I did not have to have a full examination like I had previously thought. She asked me a whole run of questions about Andrew and I family health history and asked me if I had any questions for her. Which I just had a couple, she is such an attentive Dr. When I asked her a question she was soooo nice. I really am going to like her for my Dr and to deliver the baby. I had blood work ran to look for any other possible diseases like cystic fibrosis also. Then... (drumroll) please..... the Dr said everything so far was looking very good and that I have less than a 2% chance of a miscarriage because she saw the baby's heartbeat so that is such a relief. I had a ultrasound done... so you see the picture of our little tiny baby and what looks to be the beginning of hands and feet. Man, it was so amazing watching the ultrasound. I showed Andrew the ultrasound picture too and it was pretty emotional for both of us- it's really awesome to think that we are going to have a baby. Such a special moment for us both.



Also here is a picture of a cute little piggy bank that Jeff and Sheryl gave to us as a gift. It is the most darling little thing. Awww.

2 comments:

Lee Jones said...

I think that is very cool! So very happy for you both!

Nicole Leonard said...

Yay! A Holybee hamster!! ;)