Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Normally, I look at Valentine's Day a reason for marketer's to make us feel bad when we don't do something extravagant for our loved ones. And I don't need 1 day out of the year to tell my husband how much he means to me and how much I am truly in love with him.
This year, we did do something for each other nothing too extravagant or anything but I bought Andrew the GPS he wanted for hiking and Andrew bought me a very nice leather case for my phone that I have been desperately needing.
Andrew is so patient with me and he makes me laugh every chance he gets. He recognizes that sometimes with men it takes a tragedy to realize how much their spouse or loved one means or meant to them but that He didn't want to be one of those men... He is always so thoughtful and romantic. Even through all of his goofiness, He has become even better than the man I could have ever asked for.
Today, since Love is in the air I think about the Love that Christ has for me even now. How deep and how wide His love spreads over my life. It is not a day to be selfish but a day to be thankful to the 2 things in my life that totally complete me. Our God's Love is EXTRAVAGANT, forgiving, extraordinary, unfathomable, and so deep we'll never hit the bottom. So, I take today to say I Love you to my Father in heaven and also to my wonderful and patient Husband.

I leave you with these verses:
Ephesians (3:16) I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, (3:17) so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, (3:18) may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, (3:19) and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Happy Valentine's Day to you all!!!

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

Aaaand Happy Valentine's to you & Andrew, too.