Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sacrifice

What is it Lord that have asked of to sacrifice for your name? I look
around and see a greedy society... People always wanting more. When they
get what they want... They continue to want even more as if what they have
is not enough. I think goals and dreams are important, but when those goals
and dreams consume your thoughts more than than the will of God then it is
time we start sacrificing. When Jesus asked his disciples to follow Him,
one asked to wait so he can bury his family and another wanted to say
Good-bye to his family. But Jesus told them, No, to follow me you must
leave everything(Luke 9:59). Isn't that what we are supposed to do also
with out faith? God says don't stop along the way to finish your business,
I put you here with a purpose. The hardest part of our life, is figuring
out God's purpose for our lives. Yes, we are to witness but in what ways
has God asked of you to witness to those around you? Do you encourage your
fellow believers to not JUST believe but to have depth to their
relationship with our Savior? To not stop at what's comfortable but move on
towards areas that are out of your comfort zone? To not be satisfied with
where you are spiritually? To be teachable? What is it that God has asked
you to do that you have ignored or flat out refused to do?

When I read Hebrews 12:1-2, throw off everything that hinders us and
entangles us...throw off!! That means not letting that $ an hour distract
you from your devotion to Christ. Sometimes we have to throw off the many
things that we want for the greater purpose in life. When I sit before God,
He's not going to say why didn't you get a house? He's gonna look at me and
say, while you were so busy trying to get that house or that more money you
missed the opportunity to help someone or encourage a fellow disciple.
Ouch! I don't want that! I would be grateful for a house for a family but
at the expense of God's will for me... That I will not do just so I can get
a house. I am so thankful Lord, that you saved me. Thank you Lord for
remembering me when I am crying and in pain. Your are so faithful Lord, I
praise you Father for all you're doing and all you are going to do.

No comments: