Monday, September 25, 2006

A new chapter!

Well, we thought we were going to begin this new chapter in our life. We
spent most of our afternoon looking at land properties or houses. No luck
on this aspect of our lives, too many were out of our price range. We even
said we would buy a not liveable house and live on the land til we can
re-build but that aint happening either :) The realtors were very helpful
and knowledgable just can't find the price we need right now. So I think
that was God's way of closing the door for us... Right now anyway.

Andrew and I were talking and looking at each other like.... What the heck
are we going to do???? We both shook our heads and said " I have no idea!"
Our plan is this: We are going to buy a different 5th wheel... Not new just
one with a better floor plan. Hopefully near the same price we bought the
other one for. That way we will actually be spending less because of the
interest rates. Yeah, we won't have a house when we have a baby but this is
God's plan for us as crazy and how scary it might be, it seems to be the
only road that God has lead us. Financially, it's better for us just to
save what we can.
So, after being not so sure this morning about all these plans. I got a
wonderful opportunity to talk with my co-worker who is a Christian and has
4 children. She asked me when we thought we were going to have kids and how
many. I told her that I was scared because of our living situation. She
smiled and said, When I got married I was 28 years old and me and my
husband waited 2 years before we started to have children. Within those 2
years we had all these things we wanted to get before we had kids... like a
house. And when we realized that these things were not going to happen
before we wanted to have kids. We just said what the heck, we are gonna
have kids anyway. You put aside all those pre-set ideas you had and you
make the best of the life we had. We didn't have much, but we didn't need
much either just food on the table and a roof over our heads. I had
girlfriends that made a lot more money than me and my husband and she had a
very nice house filled with expensive furniture. She was so worried about
getting it dirty,that even her own children were not allowed to sit on the
couch. She said, I see that and didn't want to live my life that way. We
bought multi colored couches and carpet so dirt wouldn't be so obvious and
our kids could actually "live" in the house. I never wanted too nice of
things, because I realized they were just that... Things! I am excited for
you to have kids, you'll never regret them no matter when you have them,
it's when they get older and they don't want to hug you and cuddle with you
that kinda hurts. I wished they could go back to being little ones again.

Listening to her talk made me smile and made me feel encouraged in my own
life. That people can make it work for them, even if you don't have a nest
egg and "planned" financiallly to have a family. Because of the life we've
chosen, ministry, we will probably never make a lot of money. Whoever says,
people get into ministry for money, is kidding themselves! It's so hard to
decipher God's will for us right now. I feel like we're kinda just
wandering around looking for the right path. The right path and knowing
that the one we're standing in front of is the right one, is hard. The last
thing we want to do is step away from the will God wants for us. Crazy!
Crazy! Thank you for bringing this co-worker to me so she could encourage
me :)

No comments: