Thursday, April 16, 2009

Self Portraits

I am been really trying to work on honing my skills with exposure and lighting, and trying to get used to my studio lighting set gives photography a whole different feel.  Taking photos with a flash and natural light seems so much easier than working with studio lights. How high you place them and at what angle you place them makes all the difference. I get a subscription to American Photography monthly and it has some really good tips, etc. One of the things they suggested was using Flickr and getting involved with groups through Flickr to get exposure and advice from other photographers... so that is what I am doing now. I decided to take advantage of my COOL Nikon remote and take some self portraits to try and get some practice in... I really need some "models" to help me with this! Anyway, here are the 3 shots that I liked the best... I seriously hate photos of myself being serious so I decided to challenge myself into taking a few serious photos.

self Portrait 1 by you.

self portrait 2 by you.

self portrait 3 by you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the b&w one too. I volunteer james as a model.
;P

Bri