Saturday, January 31, 2009

For all you photographers

I keep pretty up to date with Popular Photography because I love the articles and they spotlight some really amazing photographers, but I spotted an article: Photography's Magic Bullet on a lens f/1.4. Now I bought a 50mm f/1.8, because 1. it was cheaper and 2. the difference between the 1.8 and 1.4 was so minimal it wasn't worth the extra $200. I love this lens for many reasons, I use it a lot to shoot the details of a wedding like the cake, bouquet, or guest book, etc. It is a great lens for depth of field, low light, has great sharpness considering the price, and I could go on and on. I have done a lot of natural light shots with this lens and adore it.

I am in the process of searching for some "models" so I can get some practice in on some new techniques I am learning. If anyone is interested, let me know.

No comments: