Saturday, January 03, 2009

Deliciously Deceptive

I bought this cookbook recently called "Deliciously Deceptive: Simple secrets to get you kids eating good food" by Jessica Seinfeld. She is the wife of Jerry Seinfeld, and she was concerned that her 3 children were not getting enough vegetables in their diet. She created this cookbook on how to sneak healthy food into your kids diet without them even knowing. It is amazing, and I have been able to get Hezekiah to eat all sorts of great food. Basically, it comes down to pureed vegetables that you freeze and keep some fresh when you know you are going to use them. This cookbook is easy to read, easy to follow, and the best part is everything tastes great that I have tried so far. Yesterday I was able to put butternut squash in his mac n cheese and he didn't even flinch. This morning, all 3 of us had Sweet Potato and Cinnamon pancakes... these taste even better than buttermilk pancakes!

2 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Oooh! I'm going to have to check out that book! I've put pieces of broccoli in Kait's mac-n-cheese but that's a little obvious so she tries to eat around it. :)

Unknown said...

That's so funny - my mom just bought me this!!