Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Chickpeas

Also known as Garbanzo beans! A recipe for chocolate chip cookies called for these and I was actually surprised because I have NEVER used them for anything because the utter look of them disgusted me really. I have to say I am surprised at how healthy they actually are for you, they are an excellent source of fiber. They actually help to lower cholesterol and they actually prevent your blood sugar from rising which is great if you're Diabetic or like me Hypoglycemic. Not to mention that is is a great source of Iron, which I often have a problem with since I rarely eat red meat. Anyway just a tidbit of information, since this month is Go Red for Women, I thought I would mention a little something extra to encourage healthy eating habits.

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

But the question is: How did the cookies turn out? Were they good?