Friday, September 26, 2008

Presidential debate

I was pretty disappointed on the debate tonight, It's a good thing that there are 2 more debates coming up.

One thing Obama just can't seem to get right is connecting with the voters. He's a great speaker, and he's pretty charismatic but is that enough? For me, it's not enough. He can't seem to pull in the emotional side at all, it always seems he's just about business and not about me as an American. I think he made a lot of valid points, however, he does what he does best and that's being a politician- not a leader. I have some really huge concerns with Obama- Why does he have a flag of Che Guevera in his campaign office? Why won't he wear an American flag, or put his hand over his heart during the national anthem? This worries me, because I don't feel like his loyalty lies with the USA. He even slipped up and said his "muslim faith". I don't identify with Obama on any level at this point.

McCain really disappointed me because he hit a lot of the emotional side. I can identify in more ways with McCain, and not just because he's white or whatever people would like to think but because of my own family. My own Dad was a Vietnam Veteran who fought for this country, so can I connect with McCain as a voter. Yes, but why couldn't he manage to at least give Obama one look? One acknowledgment that he was present? Was it because he wanted to portray an image that he is the only commander in chief, I think on some level it made him look a little arrogant and I wish that wasn't how he had come off. I wished he would have stayed on point to the questions asked, and stop saying "He just doesn't understand" These kinds of comments are going to kill him with the undecided voters. The final word for me is McCain, and that is no matter what I disagree with on both sides of the parties- At the very least I know that McCain will be loyal to the USA... his POW history proves this again and again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's too funny ...I kept telling Mikey last night: I hate that he keeps saying Obama just doesn't understand. I came away with the same disappointment. I still don't like either one of them. Yikes!

Briana