Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ultrasound

Last Friday I had my ultrasound, the pictures are below! I had to do the whole full bladder thing (yipee!). I didn't quite know how much water to drink. As I am writhing in pain from TOO much water. I check in for my appt, and the receptionist tells me to have a seat should be about 15 more minutes so I am thinking.... MAN I can't wait that long. I went up to her and asked her "Can I please go to the restroom and let some out, this is totally killing me right now" She responded and said, "Go ahead, Count to 10 and you'll have to stop" I am thinking to myself... Yah! okay! I am going to stop in the middle. By the graces of God I did, I sit back down and am still writhing in pain, so I went to the restroom again and let more out. Right as I am walking back to the waiting room the Tech calls me back. I told her I didn't know how much water to drink and I am dying right now. We start the procedure and she says, "Oh Wow, you're bladder is way too full. There is a difference between a full bladder and torture, I will make this quick." After she finishes her portion, she lets me go the restroom (conveniently a bathroom is located right in the procedure room, I love Riverside Medical Clinic). I come back out and she began to show me images of our growing little baby. She showed me the baby's heart beating on screen, and I got to see her/him wiggling around. It was sooooo awesome :) Now, the baby is actively moving and you can tell when she/he is going through the periods of activity and when it isn't moving at all. Still can't feel anything from the outside of my stomach, Andrew is just aching to be able to feel his baby move after I keep telling the baby is wiggling around he always reaches for my belly to feel it but nothing. Hopefully Soon!

No comments: