Monday, March 19, 2007

Selling the truck

In an effort to lower our cost of living we have made a decision to sell the truck. The truck has been good to us and if we could help it at all we probably wouldn't sell it. It is costing us a lot to insure plus we won't be able to afford it if we decide to stay home with the baby. The truck has been great, I will miss it dearly and because it was Andrew's dream vehicle. Sometimes we have to sacrifice in order to make things work, especially financially... so I am pretty sure this is the route we are going to go because it seems to be the only thing we really could do. When I am not working the Honda will be good to us, great gas mileage and will lower our insurance quite a bit. Not the thing either one of us want to do, but we have to make it work somehow and this is something we can afford to give up right now. We can put the money from the truck into an account and allow us some room in case things get really tough financially.

I am working on some ideas of what I could do from home once the baby gets a little older. Everyone suggests photography but until I make a name for myself I will be at the mercy of the client for me to make money. I have explored other ideas but haven't found anything too promising and that won't cost me money up front. So if you have any ideas let me know

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

Well, you can do the direct-selling thing: Avon, Gold Canyon Candles, or Kara Vita. I know Avon costs something like $10 to start and is really easy. As far as Gold Canyon and Kara Vita, I know you have to buy a kit up front but you have the option of "earning" it by holding your first party. (i.e. the money you'd make as a consultant at a home party would go toward paying for the kit).

Other than that, I'd suggest selling stuff on eBay or cleaning houses (make some cute flyers and pass 'em out to people at church, work, etc.).

I also found this article on Dr. Phil's website that you may find interesting. I also remember seeing something on the Dr. Phil show a couple years ago about working from home answering phones or calling out to survey people or something. I was going through the "interview" process but decided to pass because I was starting up my business at that time. I'll try to find info on it if you'd like.

xoxox
Nicole