Saturday, March 03, 2007

Not moving this weekend!!!!!

Andrew and I are thoroughly mad this weekend... which would have been a perfect weekend to move by the way. We called the apartments Friday morning to pick up keys and said that the contractor has still not finished the granite countertops. So, we had everything shut off, telephone, internet, etc. Now they are telling us we may not be able to move in until Wed. I cannot believe this, they moved our date from the 1st to the 2nd and now not until next week. Andrew is going to get aggressive with them and have them comp us another free month since they have now taken away 1/2 of our free month due to their own problems not ours. Sorry, but they will breach their contract if they don't comp us a month like promised. We had gas turned on, electric, etc at our new apartment too so that is one more thing. Luckily, my work is accomodating and will allow me time off mid week to move if necessary. I am so mad, so we spent all today cleaning up the RV and getting it ready for our new possible owner. Geesh, can you believe it???

2 comments:

Lee Jones said...

I messed up with my tenants, but I knew they didn't have to move. I gladly comped them. Yours should, too...

Be firm, reasonable, and demanding. You'll get your compensation!

Nicole Leonard said...

Bummer! So sorry to hear about that! Hopefully, you're moved in by now. I'll keep reading your blog. (I'm catching up...) :)