Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Family

Thoughts from Talia's bible study last night:

What does family mean to you?

This is a hard for me because I am close with my Dad and Mom, but as far as
siblings. I don't even know what it is like to have siblings that I am
close with... I have never had a close relationship with my siblings. The
closest thing I have to a close sibling is my cousin Nicole. I grew up in
what feels like a jacked up lifestyle, even though I never really it had it
that bad. I spent 1 week at my Dad's and 1 week at my Mom's and had a lot
of emotional trauma from them getting divorced. When I was growing up, I
was a very angry child, I was stressed at the age of 10. I spent years of
my life crying because I wanted my parents to get back together so I could
be a normal kid. I spent years of my life wondering who I am. When I got to
high school, I was searching for someone to understand me but no one ever
did. Being married to Andrew, he has taught me so much about family and
caring. My life is an open book... I never keep anything hidden from anyone
and I would never rightly hide an answer from someone who asked me a
question. Andrew has taught me that there should never be a part of your
life that you hide from people...

Is it hard for me to define what a family is? It is very hard for me... So
I guess I would define family as someone not purposely trying to hurt you,
caring for each other, looking out for each other, being honest.

I can't wait to have my own family, because I think then I will truly
understand what it is like to be a family and have that connection that I
missed growing up.

Anyway just my own thoughts, don't arrest me if your opinion differs!

No comments: