Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Details from Monday

Well, I spoke to my Dad who had his meeting with his Union Rep and with Human Resources. The meeting went really well, the Union Rep said he represented himself really well. They asked him questions about the specific situation, what happened in the classroom full of students and teachers. He told them that the student asked for my dad to show him her pressure points because she had a headache.

When he mentioned that he knew who had made the allegation, they were surprised that he knew who it was. They asked him how he knew, and he answered by saying that she is the only person in this facility that doesn't like me. When she has an issue with me, she has never pulled me aside to discuss them with me, she will say what she needs to say in front of the children and in front of other counselors, which is inappropriate. They asked him for a specific example of her not liking him, so he made mention of a situation where he made a joke about people who wear low-rider pants. He said there are 3 kind of people who wear low riders, Britny Spears, britny spears' fans, and plumbers." She came storming over, and scolded him because her husband was a plumber.

He also told them, that in this profession because they counsel kids, it is not unusual for counselors & teachers to hug one of the children, in some instances we are hugging children 3 or 4 times a day. Especially, when they are going through a hard time. The probation officers feel that they should not have any physical contact whatsoever with the children. Which, is ridiculous, due to the nature of their profession.

All of his co-workers they talked to gave him praise, that he is well liked, the children get along with him, has been here for 15 years.

Me being in Human Resources myself, I tried to get as many details as possible... They took my Dad out of his work which I can understand because they don't want to compromise the investigation. The part that could get the County of Riverside and Probation dept. in trouble is the fact that the Chief Probation Officer banned him from Van Horn, and made him clean out his desk which in other words is claming him guilty before they have come to this conclusion and told him he would be transferred. you cannot force someone out of their job without reasonable justification as to why you are forcibly transferring them. My Dad thinks he is going to be consulting an attorney depending on the outcome of the investigation. It is defamation of character, which he would not be going for any money but a formal apology from the County of Riverside, Chief Probation Officer, and the officer that accused him for falsely accusing him. There are a lot more details to the interview, but this is what I have for now.

My Dad is hurt beyond belief about this whole situation, I pray that Human Resources would find no fault in my Dad. That those who accused him would understand the severity of trying to accuse someone of these actions. Lord, give my Dad a peace about the outcome, that your will would be done. Pray for the accusers, that they would be able to see the truth. Thank you for all of you that were praying for him, and continue the prayers on until they reach a conclusion to this investigation.

No comments: