Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Job update

I had my interview with the Riverside Medical Clinic this morning, and it went really well. I had the typical interview questions and the person that would be my manager seems really easy going and will not micro-manage. I also met with the VP of Human Resources (my mom's mentor) after and she asked me of course... Why do you want to leave the current company you are with. My answer was "There has been some restructering within the office and it is going a direction that is different from when I first got hired for the position." She asked, so how is it working out with the new Director? I said "She is a bit difficult, and it is different from the direction I am looking to go with the company." So, this afternoon my old boss ran into me in the hallways and said So, you are looking for a new job? I was like huh? She said someone called to ask for a reference for you. So, I explained what happened. The great news is that if they weren't interested in me they wouldn't be asking for my references no more than a few hours later than when I had the interview. They requested that I fax them a copy of my last performace evaluation... my only problem is I am not sure where it is. I am hoping it is in my desk at work but if not. Then I will 1) have to see if I can arrange some more references with the Riverside Medical Clinic or 2) Let my current boss know what is going on so she can give me a copy of the evaluation. I am just praying that my copy of my evaluation is in my desk... ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! job hunting nightmares. I pray your evaluation is in your desk.