Friday, April 14, 2006

Heart Pains

I found myself crying in my car on the way home from work today. I was listening to "Ocean from Rain" by Seventh Day Slumber, and something just came over me. I was thinking about Andrew's co-worker Gina, her husband was diagnosed with polynueropathy along time ago. Basically, it's a painful disease that strips your nerves of the protective layers, not to mention he has sickle-cell also. He doesn't have good days, he has bad days and worse days. She works with Andrew during the day and cleans the church office above andrew's work to try and make ends meet for them and their 2 children. I was crying because I thought, man if I could get them on Extreme Makeover and they could have everything they need. Or I thought, if God had blessed me with money there would be no doubt that I would do what I could to help them out. It was very hard for me to think that there was nothing in my power that I could do to make it better for them. So, I cried out to the LORD in some effort to plead with the LORD to heal him. I don't know what the purpose is for either of them or for that family, I just hate feeling like there is nothing I can do to help them except for prayer. So I will keep praying for them and hoping that God will hear my plea and grant all of us that request. So, if you think about it pray for Gina and Brian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe we should for them i will do it with you to have that happen for them i think that would be sooo cool and good for them and the experience in itself would be as well because we would be helping build the house and we can have our youth join in as well plus whomever else.....that would be sooooo coool