Monday, June 09, 2008

What's new?

Unfortunately, not too much right now! We are still waiting to find out when Andrew will get his nice, big promotion, could be as early as July or it could be quite a bit longer. We are waiting for his Director to sell his house, and in this market it might take a while, so we are still waiting! Work for me, right now, is going well. I am working pretty heavily in Physician Recruitment now, and it is fabulous... a lot of work, but completely fulfilling as far as my career goes. I really look forward to coming to work on days when I know I get to work with my VP especially because she teaches me so much, and I hope someday to be like her in her demeanor and her position in the company. I have considered many options for going to school, I am looking as the certification program for Human Resources Management through UCR extension center, but they are a little out of our price range at this point at $495/ class and having to take a minimum of 5 classes on Saturday's only. So, it's there and eventually I will be able to take those classes but it will take me quite a bit unless my work decides to do tuition reimbursement.

Hezekiah is doing very well, wanting to walk ALL the time and pulling himself up on everything. He is bonking his head on a lot of stuff in the process of trying to learn balance. Looks like kind of a long road as far as that goes. He has a total of 8 teeth now and is chewing on all sorts of fun foods like Avocados, mashed potatoes, cherrios... he hasn't quite mastered bringing the food to his mouth yet he just puts it in his hands and then doesn't know what to do with it after that. Hezekiah is still the best baby in the world, even through teething I didn't notice any changes in him at all. It's hard to believe that he will be turning 1 year old in just 3 short months. Man! Time flies! I will have to figure out a location for September for his birthday party since I pretty much only have 1 family member in the city we live in now.

We are waiting on the LORD for some answers and help... we still haven't gotten his car back from the shop and what seemed like what was supposed to be a temporary arrangement for work, daycare, etc. seems to be more of a permanent thing because I don't feel like I will ever get this car back. Right now, not having the second car has been like 6 months of non-stop stress and every minute of the day being timed to picking up and dropping off... it is extremely frustrating right now. Tomorrow, the shop is paying completely for a rental car for us until Andrew's car gets done. Lesson learned for Andrew for sure, no more getting this car faster! Now, we are back to square 1 as far as saving for a house again because of the car situation and the costs... so what could have been only 1 more year might be turning into- Who knows how long!? Just doing the best we can to put any little extra pennies into an account and hope and pray that God will someday have a house in our future. It has definitely been a struggle going back to work and making only a 2/3 of what I was making before and I think we are still having to teeter todder right now until we FINALLY adjust to the income change. All I have to say is, Thank goodness for Annual Evaluations and Merit Increases! Anyway, that is about it for now- make sure to keep checking out Hezekiah's website for updated pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really ought to check in to see about getting some financial aid to pay for school. It paid for all of my schooling, all I had to pay for was textbooks, and I didn't even think I would qualify but I did heh.