Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tragedy Strikes- Always wear a helmet

As many of your remember Andrew's best friend Josh Gladura passed away due to injuries from skateboarding without a helmet...Today we say good-bye to a kid that used to come to our youth group, he hadn't been coming for the last couple of years but I wanted to take some time to remember this young life now gone. Nathan Ketsdever was only 20 years old and he passed away today of the same thing Josh Gladura died of. He passed away from damage caused from not wearing a helmet while skateboarding.

I feel like Josh's passing was 1 in a million in the way that he died and how it all came out, but to have yet another life taken due to not wearing a helmet. I have created a website to bring to light the reality and dangers of not wearing a helmet. The site is under construction right now, but the site is called: www.fightforjosh.com so when you get the chance check it out in a few weeks and it should be up. I know at some ages wearing a helmet seems like such a stupid and dorky thing to wear at times. I have to admit in my teenage years I too thought helmets were for dork's and I never wore one while bike riding or anything. I feel like I am baffled and left wondering how it is possible to have 2 people pass away from something that was supposed to be so fun. I hope you will pray for Nathan's family in this time of tragedy, that God will surely inhabit their lives and that they would turn to Him for their needs and questions. Don't let you children go another day without wearing a helmet and if you see any others or know of others, speak out and let them know about Josh and Nathan.
DSC01962.jpg picture by KHolybee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was googling Nathan Ketsdever to see if I could get additional information about his tragic passing (we are relatives) and came across your blog. Tell me if this isn't wierd: my daughter's name is KENDRA. She is married to ANDREW. I call them by their celebrity name "KENDREW"! We. too, were married on APRIL 30! Yes, strange but true!

Kendrew said...

WHOA, WHOA! I don't think I have ever heard anything like that before! We started calling us the Kendrew after our friend Josh who passed from skateboarding as well slipped up and said Kendrew and it just kind of stuck since then :)