Friday, April 18, 2008

Ooops!

So Andrew's co-worker accidentally blurted out some information that she thought was public knowledge but wasn't yet. So it looks as though Andrew might be up for a nice big promotion and God's timing is always perfect. Annual raises should be coming up for me as well, so we will have to wait and see next month how much it will be... at this point any raise at all is a good raise because I have cut my hours since coming back to work after the baby.

My VP is amazing, she always makes me feel good about myself and my work, she told me the other day "You know you can never leave me, right?" and today she said "You know sometimes you keep me sane!" I told her "Yeah and you keep me sane, because sometimes I can never keep things straight" We both had a good laugh because of how crazy today was. I could never have asked for a better VP! Work has been really hard and stressful for me lately because of other co-workers, does anyone else have any co-workers you know who just DON'T pull their own weight? I feel like sometimes I end up asking myself "They are making how much money to do what? Nothing." Maybe my standards of people are just too high, maybe I expect too much out of people nowadays! When I am at work, I always give 150% because as a Christian I know we work for the LORD and not for men. Right now my job is my livelihood, I cannot afford in any sense to risk my job and not just that but my VP makes me want to work hard for her because she has such high integrity and in some way I want to impress her and make myself an asset to the company. Why even work if you aren't going to give it all you've got. I guess I just expect that same level of responsibility that is just completely absent in this person, especially when making that much money... anyway just venting about work a little.

My Dad and his wife have decided to sell the house which I spend the majority of my childhood growing up in. I have such a sadness about them selling because EVERY memory I have as a child (good and bad through the whole divorce of my parents), is in that house. It will be a really hard thing for me to see someone else living in that house. Every summer we spent swimming in the pool, birthday parties in the backyard, laying on the cement next to the pool on a hot summer, playing barbies in the gameroom, walking home from school to that house, watching the rose parade every morning in the living room- I feel like I could go on for hours about that house and how much I will miss it, so I will stop now before I start crying or something.

Ever heard that song by Kendall Payne "Scratch", I cry almost every time I hear that song, it just totally explains how I feel some days:

"it's a big girl world now
full of big girl things
and everyday i wish i was small

i've been counting on nothing
but he keeps giving me his word
and i'm tired of hearing myself speak
do you get weary? do you ever get weak?
how do you dream when you can't fall asleep?"

Some days I just wish I could be a kid again... does anyone else every feel that way?

3 comments:

Lee Jones said...

Man! Me, too. When I was a child, tt was so safe and I was so unsuspecting of the world. My parents did a good job sheltering me and they helped me grow. My father was great.

I am a man now, and can really appreciate all my father did for me.

Lee Jones said...

Oh, hurray on the "oops" part!

Anonymous said...

*victory dance* oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah yeah yeah!!!! SUH-WEET DAWG!!