Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lessons on Love

Do you have someone in your life that is so annoying at times? I feel like at points of my life this person flares up like a pimple or something annoying like that. And just when you think you've gotten rid of it... it always comes back with friends. I don't know if that is an accurate description but I am trying to get my picture across... well anyway. I don't often question why God put this friend or family member in my life because God works in mysterious ways sometimes. Plus, having people in my life like this is a true test of my character. Meaning, it is a true test of my patience as well. God is teaching me a lot over these last few years and I am really trying to take advantage of what He is showing me so I can be a better (bigger) person about all my tough situations. Some of these may not directly relate to love, but indirectly they do.

Life lessons in love #1, When someone hurts you to the core, always forgive no matter how much it hurts but never forget the hurt because if you forget the hurt it's likely to happen again to you.

Life lessons in love #2, Pick your battles... carefully, sometimes the fight is not worth hurting and/or losing someone close to you

Life lessons in love #3, Always be aware of your surroundings, remember that we are always a witness even when we think no one is looking.

Life lessons in love #4, Don't knowingly hurt someone with the intent that someday "they'll get it"

Life lessons in love #5, Life is not a competition, we are all in different places and different paces.

Life lessons in love #6, It is better sometimes just to walk away than to say something hurtful and regret it.

Life lessons in love #7, You only get 1 family in this life.

Life lessons in love #8, Life is short, so my focus will be on my Adonai and his never ending love for me and desire for me to love back no matter how much I don't want to at times.

No comments: