Thursday, March 13, 2008

Being wiseman

These last couple of months I think we have been taught a lot of about managing our money. My work is still double deducting health benefits so I can get caught up on what I missed when I was on maternity leave. We've learned a lot about what we need and what we want. What we need and what we want are 2 different things, some people is takes them a lifetime of making bad decisions to learn how to be good stewards of God's money. We have made our share of mistakes and we have learned from them. Money is definitely not evil but it is root of many problems in people's lives. What I seek and what I truly desire is to look to God for every money making decision even down to shopping for groceries. I know that God has blessed us way more than we have deserved and Andrew and I have learned a lot about spending our money wisely when we ate nothing but cheese sandwiches and peanut butter and jelly for like 2 weeks straight because that's what we had to do to make ends meet until my next paycheck. I look back even now and laugh because I think man... that was probably the hardest we've had it since we've been married! All is well and God still provided money for rent, daycare, car payment, and some food. I think it's great how God is soo good to us when we show Him that we are faithful to his promises to provide for us. Thank you LORD for the bad times because it makes the good times seem soooo much better :)

1 comment: