Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day...

Schmalentine's Day! Ha Ha, I say this because I really do think Valentine's Day is a little cliche. Andrew and I are always on the same page on this subject, that once in a while we celebrate Valentine's Day but this just was not one of those years. I am all for being romantic and being ooshy gooshy, but I hate the fact that Valentine's Day has become soooooo commercial. I think that some people feel like they "need" a day like this to be extra romantic. Andrew and I are just not that couple, I made him some heart shaped chocolate chip cookies annnnddd... that was about it for gifts.

Last time I blogged about Andrew's car it would not pass smog unless we did a whole engine swap or pay someone illegally to pass smog. We did not feel right paying someone illegally to pass it so we decided that Andrew's "mid-life" crisis HAD to go. It overall had cost us way to much money, and so we are putting it up for sale. Instead, we purchased last night a 2006 Dodge Ram (Hemi). Yes, we went back to having a truck. 1) We needed something a little more usable for having kids and for trips like Catalina. 2) We didn't want to buy anything new because it would have set us too far back from buying a house 3) Andrew REALLY missed having a truck.

We got an awesome deal on it, which will still allow us buffer room to save for a house. So we are really happy with the purchase. This is basically what it looks like, but in white... which is the same color we had before as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your truck is awesome!! We had the 01' Ram a couple years ago (quad cab, fully loaded w/the tow pkg) it was red and just so great! I tear up just thinking about it lol..
We sold it and got a Nissan Xterra, MAN do I miss that Dodge!!

Congrats!! :) :)