Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What else could you say?

Last night I watched the man I voted for, John McCain, give the most eloquent speech I have heard in my generation. One of many quotes that moved me and also made me respect him EVEN more for his dedication and true love for this country:

"I would not be an American worthy of the name, should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privilege of serving this country for a half a century. Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much. And tonight, I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone and I thank the people of Arizona for it."

He conceded this election with grace, dignity, and respect that I deeply admire. One that did not speak of poor sportsmanship but one that spoke of true disappointment that he could not serve this country as our President as it would have been the highest honor he could have ever received. Last night, I rooted for my choice for President and today I tip my hat to our war hero John McCain. You'll never know how much gratitude I have for you for your love and dedication to this county. Thank you John and every other man and woman who has served and is serving this country... for your courage and never failing passion to protect us all.


Que Sera Sera!

No comments: