Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Say Bye Bye for a little while

So I noticed the last week or so a small crack on the under side of my engagement ring which was given to me by my grandma. So I took it to the jeweler today and they told me they could do  quick fix which would cost $30 or to fix the problem completely they could do this process called shank and it basically adds more gold to the ring to make the under side of the ring thicker in width so it wouldn't break anymore. They tried to convince me into buying a whole new band, but I told them several times that I really like the setting and the ring the way that it is I just would like to ensure nothing happens to it. The guys also tried to tell me that my ring was worth less than I estimated. I told him to his face, I really don't care about the worth it's just sentimental because my grandma has passed away and it means a lot to me. So anyway to shank the ring, polish it, clean it, and do the rhodium (the white gold process) it is going to cost me close to $200. Ahhhh yay, and on top of it all I won't get my ring back until next Wednesday.... Ugh! Anyway that's me venting for now.

No comments: