Friday, August 08, 2008

Delivered from the Scoto

You're probably reading the title of the this blog, wondering what the heck
Scoto is! I myself wondered the same thing when a Pastor used this word in
a Sermon. I have been delivered from the Scoto, in Greek it's meaning is
Darkness literally meaning blindness. I have been delivered from darkness,
from blidness, from a meaningless life.

In thinking about this it brings me to this verse 1 Peter 2:9 "But you are
a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to
God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness
into his wonderful light."

And what a wonderful light it has been. These last few months I really have
felt like I have been in this slump, not acting like I should, having very
little patience, and truly feeling exhuasted with everyday life. I have
been taking steps to put me back on track again, I bought a new devotional,
praying more, and listening more to sermons to keep me in the Word. Hearing
this verse really brings me back to where I was at before I was a
Christian- living an ungodly life and not focused on anything, and clearly
depressed with where my life was headed. I can be truly grateful now in
looking back, that God was gracious enough to call me out of that darkness
and into His amazing light.

As I am on the boat riding to Catalina for the weekend, this time here
allows me to really stop, take a minute, and enjoy the simple life that God
has given me. This weekend is about Impact, the theme of our trip with the
youth group. We are in a day where we are seeing prophesies coming to life,
is there truly time to mess around with our end destination. Christianity
is not fire insurance, it goes deeper than that in ways I think most of our
society has no clue about because they think all they need to do is be
saved and that is enough.

So, if you were to die tonight - Do you know where you will be going?

No comments: