Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Light is sweet

Ecclesiastes 11
7 "Light is sweet,
       and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.

 8 However many years a man may live,
       let him enjoy them all.
       But let him remember the days of darkness,
       for they will be many.
       Everything to come is meaningless.

 9 Be happy, young man, while you are young,
       and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth.
       Follow the ways of your heart
       and whatever your eyes see,
       but know that for all these things
       God will bring you to judgment. "

Think about such things, Light is sweet... I love that verse! There is nothing like watching the sun rising or setting. Enjoy our lives to the extent that God desires us to, meaning enjoy our youth but at the same time don't take it so far to the point that you are disobeying the laws God has set down for us as Christians. Love the LORD, Stop and smell the roses, wake up early and watch the sun rise over the waters, hold hands, kiss, take a picture, snuggle with my baby, forget work... these are all things that I enjoy. At my bridal shower, a friend gave Andrew and I a beautiful tea set that we still sit together an enjoy a cup of tea together. I will never forget this as long as I love what she wrote in the card: Hold hands, kiss, and enjoy a cup of tea. Some of the best advice I have ever gotten :) Never forget to hold hands, kiss, and enjoy each other's company even if that means not saying anything at all. Our time is short here on earth, and I think I am going to enjoy what youth I have left :)

No comments: