Saturday, May 10, 2008

The French don't diet plan

I am kicking off my "The French don't diet plan" once again, before I found out I was pregnant I lost a total of 14 lbs following this diet regimen. Now, that I FINALLY got clearance from my Ob/Gyn 2 months ago I started with some low impact pilates exercises, so I figure now is the time to start thinking about the kind of foods I am eating and portions once again. I have stuck to the non-processed foods with the exception of the eating out every once in a while. I mainly shop at Trader Joe's for all my food, since a lot of the labeled "Organic" grocery stores seem to hike up their food prices to a level that is absolutely ridiculous for anyone but the extremely rich. I really enjoy Trader Joe's and even with them I still have to watch the ingredients levels to make sure there is no High Fructose Corn syrup. For the most part, I spend less there because I only buy the necessities instead of chips, etc.

Anyway, here I am once again reading my book to brush up on my knowledge and also remind myself of what I need to be eating and not eating. I think the hardest part after having a baby, especially a c-section, is getting past the fear of hurting yourself or that the scar tissue with rip or something scary. Now, that I have mainly gotten past that I want to make sure that I am putting the right things in my body like LOADS of antioxidants and FRESH foods. We also started taking this supplement called "MaxGXL" which is supposed to help increase your glutathione in your cells which (short version) in turn helps clear your body of toxins and cancerous cells. One thing to note about glutathione in relation to autism is that children diagnosed with Autism have a MUCH lower level of glutathione in their body. I haven't taken this supplement long enough and consistently enough to see whether or not it is making a difference so I am just continuing to take and see how it makes me feel.

So, here's to a successful weight loss and here's to a healthy lifestyle!

The image “http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/14740000/14743487.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments: