Monday, December 24, 2007

Done, Done, and Done!

Done #1: This week has been somewhat stressful for me I have been really blessed in the fact that I have been able to stay home with the baby for the last couple of months and I just love being home with him. But alas, I knew this would only be temporary and I have been trying to come to grips with that fact that I will be returning to work in about 3 weeks. Which is 2 weeks earlier than originally planned because silly me misunderstood the maternity leave information. I do get 8 weeks off for my c-section and then 12 weeks for my Paid Family Leave, but of those 12 weeks only 6 of them would be paid and I was NOT prepared for this. So this is why I will be returning to work a little bit earlier. So our schedule will consist basically of me working 8am-2pm M-F (to keep my benefits), Andrew taking care of the baby from 8-11am by working from home from 9am-11am and then dropping the baby off at daycare from 11am-2:30pm or so when I can pick him up after I get off work.

Done #2: Praise the Lord, I was so stressed about trying to find someone to watch the baby and yet God is still so good to me through this stressful time and he provided a path for our family. Someone from our church's daughter does day care during the day, she has 2 wonderful kids herself so I know she will be great. And because she is so amazing, I will only be paying approx. $100/wk versus $265/wk (Kindercare). God has once again been gracious to us and provided an open door, I give thanks to God for such a blessing. I am really excited to bring the baby for daycare. I really like the idea of Hezekiah getting the social interaction with other kids so I think 3 hours or so is just an awesome thing just for that reason alone.

Done #3: Well almost done #3, Christmas is almost here and I think I covered all the bases or ar least tried to considering I had no car the last 3 weeks now and had to do all my Christmas shopping online. So now I just get to share the wonderful presents I bought with my family on Christmas day :)

2 comments:

PealzfromShelz said...

congratulations Kendra! I originally made calculation errors in my maternity leave time too - they should write them in momglish :-) I know its not easy, but the you love put transform into the wonderful child you're raising your son to be. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have to go back. I know I'm going to have to, too, and I'm thoroughly bummed about it!