Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ut-t-tah

So we finally made it home safe last night just before 10pm... MAN, all I have to say is I am so not ever doing a road trip like that 8 months pregnant-crazy!!

So our week was filled with some AWESOME speakers, and I know this trip is supposed to be for high school kids but I really enjoyed myself other than the 1 mile walk down and 1 mile hike back to our main stage area. Convention had about 900 kids (most of them from Michigan, ha ha all dutch boys and girls mainly). I think we were the only group from California there, it was funny hearing everyone ask us if we surfed and did we know any celebrities!

My favorite speaker had to have been Doug Herman
Doug had to have one of the most powerful testimonies, lost his wife and child of 2 years old to AIDS after a blood transfusion given at delivery. After losing some faith after this, God showed him amazing truths and since been re-married and has 2 more children. We are made in the image of God "Imago Dei". He is so animated and funny, we could not help but keep laughing, we ended up buying his DVD.

"Doug Herman is an international speaker and author who has spent over 20 years in youth and family work. Not only has he been a youth pastor at small country churches as well as one of the nation's largest multi-cultural churches. Having lost a wife and daughter to AIDS while he was a minister, Doug has emerged from this tragedy strong and true.

"Like few pastors I've known, Doug has learned and grown from the toughest of life's lessons….. Doug has a theological understanding that probes deeper than many ministers' because he’s been through the fire. I recommend you journey with Doug." - Philip Yancey, author


Another awesome guy was Ben Glen

Ben did some awesome chalk drawings, Has an awesome testimony about how he thought God had messed up on him because of his dyslexia, but God has made each one of us perfect. If you can believe it Ben Glen is standing in front of one of his drawings, and YES he did this pictures with nothing but chalk.


1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

Yeah... when I read you were making that trip, I thought you were crazy! :) I'm glad you guys made it back safe and that you had a great time!