Monday, July 09, 2007

Thursdays

The next 3 weeks on Thursdays we will be completing the childbirth prepared classes, as one the ladies in the class said so eloquently they're called prepared classes so you can get prepared to scream!

No not really! The classes have been very informative, Andrew and I have homework we TRY to do every night. Andrew was told he has to practice massaging my back every night (which has been soooo nice) and I have to do some exercises that he spots me on in case I lose my balance or something like that- Squatting, lunges, etc.

This last week has been hard as far as sleeping goes since you are only supposed to sleep on your side, my thighs and hips have been extremely sore when I wake up because I lay on my side, so I switch sides in the night but that doesn't help just makes both side sore so I walk like I am hobbling all day because my muscles are sore there. Other than that the baby doesn't wake me up with the kicking or anything in the middle of the night.

As to be expected, I am only 8 weeks away from my due date and of course I am getting anxious and nervous, wondering how I am going to do in delivery, will I have any complications, how long will I be in labor? You know the normal questions I am sure every mother who will be in labor ask themselves. I only have about 4 weeks left of work right now before I go on materity leave which I can't wait for. Work has been so exhausting and I can't seem to keep up like I would like to.

I have a lot of information I have to look up before the baby comes, like insurance for the baby after it's born because Andrew's work does not have good group rates and I won't be eligible for insurance once I go to part time status. I have been given some great information from IEHP and also the EDD for compensation of my income when I move to part time. God has really been good at providing for us once the baby comes, He is so awesome to us :) Yikes only 8 weeks left!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

Have you tried putting a pillow between your knees when you sleep? I just used a king size "body pillow" but there are some specialized pillows:

- Pregnancy Pillow Deluxe for $10 at Babies R Us

- Sleeper Keeper Pregnancy Pillow for $40 at Wal-Mart

Oh, and I got the invite to your shower. Too cute!! I haven't RSVP'd yet but I'll be attending. :)