Tuesday, April 03, 2007

18 weeks and looking fine!!!

Here is a recent picture of me, I am just starting my 18th week, I am starting to get a little belly but not much yet. I am sure, it will pop out anytime now. I am still waiting to see if I can fill out any maternity clothes, right now I am just leaving my current pants unbuttoned and wearing long shirts to cover the pants.


Today marks the first day I actually realized the baby had kicked me... so exciting!!! I was bending over for something at work and I could feel a few little bumps, nothing too hard but enough to let me realize our baby is ....yep still in there!!

I have moment like this and I have to stop and really cherish it. How amazing it is that we as women get to go through the experience of carrying a child inside our bodies to take care of and keep safe. What a great responsibility, and yet still such a beautiful thing :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophia is going to play soccer i know it!!!!

Nicole Leonard said...

Congrats! That's so exciting... And you really ARE starting to look pregnant! Yay!

And a little tip: At the beginning of my pregnancy, I wore my pants unbuttoned too. It you're wearing jeans, you can use a rubberband (I used the ones for my hair) to loop it through the buttonhole and to the button...so the stay up but give you a little elastic-y wiggle room. :) (I got the tip from Micah's sister, Sarah.)