Monday, June 12, 2006

So frustrated

Well, I feel kinda bummed because maybe there is something Andrew and I are
doing wrong with the youth. Last year a lot of high school kids graduated
and stopped coming to Barefeet so our numbers dropped quite a bit. We can't
seem to get more kids to some to Barefeet. We call the kids every week and
make sure to see if they want to come and nothing. Our college group is
just booming, we average 15 young adults every tuesday with continued
growth. We are having a hard time feeling like we are reaching them, we are
going to do a community outreach and see if we can get more to come on
Monday nights. Please Seriously pray for Andrew and I to know how to get
more kids to come. Sometimes I just cry because it's so hard to understand
why it's not growing. Do we need to fast Lord, to find the answer? Lord
please, help us to be good leaders and bring the kids to know integrity and
the truth of you. Lord, we are asking you to completely drown Monday nights
with your blessings. If you have any suggestions let me know, we are OPEN!
Please keep Andrew and I in your prayers and Monday nights. The woes of
being ministry are rewarding but also at time very hard because of the ups
and downs. I am thankful that God is able to use us.

Sometimes Andrew and I often wonder if God will some day use us to be
church planters because God has made our life so mobile right now. We live
in a 5th wheel... If God called us to somewhere else in the nation, we
wouldn't even need to pack. We could just hitch up and leave :) It's such a
cool feeling but also really scary because I would need to leave the only
place I've ever known.

2 comments:

Lee Jones said...

Well, being mobile missionaries would certainly effect your decision to buy a house or a RV...

Nicole Leonard said...

Completely surrender it to Him and He will honor your faithfulness. You and Andrew are such faithful servants and righteous examples. Keep up the good work!