Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Listen to God's Word

"Does my critique of believbers who don't pay attention to God's Word seem harsh? Often I've observed that people do not listen in church, and my sympathies are with those who, when they finally plop down in the pew are completely exhausted from a week of work and a harried morning's rush to get to church. I am also sympathetic with those who have given up listening because the pastor is poorly prepared or has himself given up on preaching God's Word in favor of more popular themes. But when God's Word is preached we must discipline ourselves to listen in spite of difficulties because listening is God's will for us. Hear Jesus' words: "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perishl no one can snatch them out of my hand" (John 10:25-28, emphasis added). "


Disciplines of a Godly woman by Barbara Hughes

No comments: