Thursday, November 10, 2005

"If you Love me..." John 14:15

John (14:15) "If you love me, you will obey what I command."

This is not to say "Lord at one time I loved you". "Love" in this verse is
in the future indicative. It's saying "If you are loving me". Its present
tense, it's a ongoing contiuous love. It's not going to the alter call or
the crusade one time and saying that is loving God. It is a daily
commitment to following the law of Christ. It's not okay to say Well, I
ONCE loved him, and that is enough. NO the Bible tells us in these verses
we are to be loving God continually.

Satan would have us believe and deceive us that the law is bad and that the
law is too controlling and unjust but the law is good. Romans (7:12) "So
then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good."
God's commandments and laws are good. We need the law, so we can know
right from wrong. The law is good because it is from God. Paul explains
here that those things that Satan deceives us with is wrong. The law is
good and holy.

If you are LOVING God then you will keep his commandments.

No comments: