Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mr Woodbury's last performance

Today, one of our kids in the youth group attends Ramona and is in the Madrigals there. Ramona is also my alma mater, and I sang for 6 years under Mr Woodbury. In June, he will be retiring after 27 years of choir teaching at Ramona and also at Sierra Middle School. When I was going through junior high and high school, I didn't appreciate him that much. Looking back I appreciate him, he taught me a lot about singing, about loving music completely in every genre. He also taught me about how to be picky about voices and listen for flaws. I am critical of myself and my own singing not because I am self conscious but because Mr Woodbury loved near perfection in voices. So, I thank you, Mr Woodbury, for giving me a passion for singing and making me strive more to make my voice more beautiful. Thank you for your passion for music, which has been passed onto other students, and also for caring so much for your students. A bittersweet ending I am sure!!

No comments: