Monday, February 20, 2006

My Nightlight

All tucked in safe and warm
No sounds are made, not even a worm

My eyes begin to gently close
I look up and the glow hits my nose

When all is dark
The enemy sets his mark

I will look to you my gracious Nightlight
The battle begins, the enemy took flight

But my dear Nightlight protects me
When all seems lost, He makes me free

Stronger than ever before
With my Nightlight ever more

The darkness begins to close in
My eyes are lifted to my kin

My bold and bright Nightlight
My constant and clear Nightlight bright

Now I am safe, and always have been
The glow that hits my nose, near is my friend

Now I know I can always look
No matter how dark, to my faithful and merciful Night light

Saving me from being overtaken
My precious Nightlight never forsaken

No comments: