Monday, October 24, 2005

A World of Hurt



People are dying. For the short time that I have helped in ministry and seen the effects of it, I know now that there are too many people that need to be reached out to. People I once knew have turned from their faith and have utterly turned their backs to God and still have hope that they will be saved.

I feel so overwhelmed by the hurt that people are going through. My heart aches so much for people that I sometimes find myself crying for them. I guess it's because I want them to know God like I know God, to feel His love like I feel His love everyday. I know that some people choose to stay in sin because they feel that they can't come to God with their "tail between their legs", but I would rather do that then imagine spending an eternity away from my Maker.

My hand has reached out to many, but never grabbed. I see their lives going down this downward spiral and I only wish that they would grab the life saver. It hurts so bad to see that people have settled for such pain. How much are you willing to sacrifice to save a friend, or even yet a stranger? Love, "This is how we know what Love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with our words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:16-18

People are so concerned with the politics of church that they miss out on sharing in the Love of Christ. So many people are so concerned with who belongs to which denomination that they forget we are to have Unity in Christ. Let us come together as followers of Christ and believers of The Bible and worship together.

Offense, I think Satan has reached into the core of people and have turned their hearts cold because of offense. Ever notice how easily people get offended nowadays? People are getting offended easier and easier and deciding to never come back to church because of something so tiny. Don't let Satan Bait you. Check out a book written by John Bevere "Bait of Satan"-- Description: "Are you ensnared by bitterness, seized by anger, held captive by resentment because someone has offended you? Bevere shows you how to escape Satan's grip, avoid a victim mentality, practice forgiveness, experience reconciliation, and remain free in Christ."

No comments: